Looking for a morning pick-me-up? How about a refreshing lemonade with fresh blueberries, vodka and Mama Walker’s Blueberry Pancake Liqueur? Sounds pretty spot on to me. Here is the recipe that I used – but I think you can pretty much just throw the different ingredients together depending on how strong you wish your drink to be
- Fresh lemonade
- Blueberry liqueur
- Fresh blueberries
- Fresh lemons
- Sugar for rim
- Combine the fresh lemonade, vodka, and blueberry liqueur in a cocktail shaker and shake until properly mixed.
- Take a glass, dip the rim in lemon juice, and then sugar.
- Gently pour the mixed drink into the glass.
- Add fresh blueberries and 2 thin lemon slices.
- Drink up!
Who’s in the mood for a delicious drink, a light buzz, and some whipped cream on top? This girl. This is the perfect drink for a casual night in or for morning pick-me-up if you’re feeling frisky. It’s a great one to serve to guests because it just looks so gosh darn incredible and is actually very easy to put together.My version is made with ice coffee, but this drink would also be amazing with hot coffee. The most integral part of this coffee cocktail is the liqueur. I used a mix of Hiram Walker Whipped Cream and Cask & Cream Chocolate Temptation. The whipped cream and chocolate combination is a sacred mixture, never to be tampered with. Well, not really, but it’s delicious so just trust me on that one! Here is the recipe for my version of a coffee cocktail.
- ½ cup of cold coffee
- ½ cup of cold milk
- 2 tbsp of chocolate syrup
- 1 tsp of granulated sugar
- 1 oz of chocolate liqueur
- 2 oz of Hiram Walker whipped cream liqueur
- 1 can of whipped cream
- 1 tsp of chocolate syrup
- ¼ tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Combine coffee, milk, chocolate syrup, sugar, chocolate and whipped cream liqueurs in a cocktail shaker with ½ cup of crushed ice.
- Shake vigorously for 1 minute.
- Pour the mixture into a cocktail glass.
- Top with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, cinnamon, and a cinnamon stick.
- Drink up!
This drink is my own personal concoction that has been perfected over the last 2 years. It tastes a lot like a White Russian. I was thinking of calling it a Chocolate Russian but apparently White Russians are made with vodka. Who knew? Anyways, this is the perfect drink for a chill night in… maybe even a desert cocktail. It can even be for a more formal occasion. The chocolate decoration on the martini glass gives it an elegant look. So relax, shake up this drink and unwind after a long week of either hurricanes or Halloween festivities.
In terms of the weather, living in Miami means only one thing: it’s freaking hot. All the time. Solution? Smoothies! Fruit smoothies are an awesome way to beat the heat and they are super tasty too. My experiments led me to this amazing smoothie today: a banana peach smoothie. It’s great for a hot summer day (or any day) and it’s very easy to make with a blender. Here is the recipe for 2 servings:
- 1 ripe peach, sliced
- 1 ripe banana, sliced
- 1 cup non-fat french vanilla yogurt