This recipe is perfect for a last minute get-together because it literally takes 15 minutes start to finish. As long as you have a loaf of French bread, goat cheese AKA Chèvre, fresh basil and tomatoes, you are good to go! The goat cheese gives the crostini a super rich, creamy flavor on top of the toasted baguette slices. And who doesn’t like tomato and basil? Add a couple drops of balsamic vinegar and olive oil, pop it in the oven for 10 minutes, and voila! You have a delicious app that is sure to be enjoyed by everyone.
- 1 thin & crusty French baguette, sliced
- 1 (4 oz) package of Chèvre (you can go with plain or one with herbs, pepper, etc.)
- 1 package of cherry or grape tomatoes (or 3 small plum tomatoes if need be)
- 1 package of fresh basil
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Slice your baguette into thin slices, about 1/3 inches thick. Grab a cookie sheet and arrange the slices with a little room in between each.
3) Drizzle a little balsamic vinegar and olive oil on each slice of baguette. Spread about 1 tbsp of chèvre on each slice. Top with a leaf of fresh basil and a slice of tomato.
4) Bake at 375°F for about 10 minutes or until the baguette slices get a little golden and crispy around the edges. At this point your kitchen will smell absolutely wonderful.
5) Remove the crostini from the oven and add salt and pepper to taste.
What’s your favorite way to prepare crostini? Any other great ideas for quick, last minute apps?